Among the many new features of 4D V6 are:
• The ability to display numbers in hexadecimal notation.
• Support for bit manipulation through bitwise operators.
• A new data type, called a BLOB.
This technical note will examine these new features, and explore some of the ways in which they can be used together. The accompanying example database contains:
• A demonstration of hexadecimal notation and bitwise operators.
• A demonstration that reads a disk file into a BLOB, and then decodes the information inside the BLOB in a variety of formats.