This technical note describes using Send/Receive Record to effectively move data between two databases.
Why would you ever need to move data?
There are several reasons to abandon one database data file and move all the data to a new data
• Abandoning an old structure because is has become outdated and obsolete.
• You are selling your database to a client and only some of the tables are appropriate to deliver to
the new client.
• Your database has become corrupted beyond repair. Nothing seems to work and you want to salvage what you can.
• You are upgrading to a different version of 4D. Your data file does not convert without errors, no matter what you try.
• In very large data files, converting from v3 to v6 may be faster by exporting and importing the data than by just letting v6 convert the data.