While 4D Server provides the technical capability for multiple developers to simultaneously connect and develop within a 4D database it does not provide any version control or enforce any standards. This technical note discusses:
- General hints and tips for multi-programmer development.
- Tips for faster development in a cross-platform environment.
- Naming conventions and standards for multi-developer projects.
- Improving multi-developer productivity.
- Programmer Communication.
- Powerful hints for avoiding object locking issues when developing.
- Schemes for later refinement of existing code by other programmers.
- Self documentation.