Here is one way to create a custom splash screen that will be displayed at your 4D application's startup. If you have already have an image that you want to use (for example your company's logo), then you are ready to follow the steps below.
1. Create a new empty form.
2. Copy and past your picture into the form
3. Set the Left and Top coordinates of the static picture object to 0.
4. Set the form's horizontal and vertical margin to 0.
5. Set the option "Size based on" (in the property list) to the static picture object.
6. Create a button away from the picture. This is necessary because if there is no button on the form, 4D will provide one (or in some cases two) for you automatically.
Note: You don't assign a standard action to it.
7. Add the following code to the Form Method:
: (Form event=On Load )
: (Form event=On Timer )
8. Add the following code to the On Startup method or create a new method for the following code that will be called by the On Startup method.
$WinRef:=Open form window([Table 1];"Logo";Modal dialog box ;Horizontally Centered ;Vertically Centered )
The next time you launch your database, your company's logo will be displayed for 3 seconds.