Tech Tip: Naming conventions for various objects
PRODUCT: 4D | VERSION: 2003 | PLATFORM: Mac & Win
Published On: April 16, 2003
Your current browser may not allow you to download the asset. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
This tech tip describes the conventions for naming various objects in the 4th Dimension database. The names for all objects follow these rules:
- A name must begin with an alphabetic character.
- Thereafter, the name can include alphabetic characters, numeric characters, the space character and the underscore character.
- Periods, slashes, and colons are not allowed.
- Characters reserved for use as operators, such as * and +, are not allowed.
- 4th Dimension ignores any trailing spaces.