A simple way to create a shortcut to your database is to use Path Document. A Path Document allows you to access the database through your 4D Client application without having to select the network and the zone every time you try to access your database. The Path Document has the ability to save your password, so when you access your database you will not need to enter your password.
Below are the steps necessary to create a Path Document:
1. Launch 4D Client and connect to the database that you want to create a Path Document to.
2. In design mode, choose Passwords from the Tools menu.
3. Highlight the name of the user that you want to create a Path Document for.
4. To create a Path Document that embeds the password, choose Save Path from the Passwords menu.
To create a Path Document that embeds the password, choose "Save Path without Password" (using this Path Document will require you to authenticate when you try to run the database).
5. Name the path and click the Save button.
Once you have created the Path Document and you want to launch the database, drag the document on the 4D Client to launch the database.