When a large database suddenly decreases in size or if you created more segments than are necessary, you may want to delete unnecessary data segments.
Do not delete a data segment in the File Manager or Finder; you will no longer be able to open the database with the remaining data files.
To properly delete existing data segments, you will need 4D Tools. Use 4D Tools to compact the data file. Once you compact the data file, you can reconfigure the database to use fewer segments. The process of compacting a database creates a new copy of the data file. Make sure that you have enough room on your disk to store the new data file.
1. Launch 4D Tools and open your database.
2. Click on the Maintain tab.
3. Click the Compact... button.
4. When a save-file dialog box appears, click on the Split... button.
5. Add and configure the desired number of data segments.
Remember to save the data file and segments in a different location or with a different name otherwise you will overwrite the original files.