When building applications in 2004, it is now possible to view an XML-based log. This will help troubleshoot build problems such as missing licenses, which normally become apparent during the testing of the built application.
The log file is generated for each application project. The log file is named "ProjectName.log" (ProjectName is the name of the application project, i.e. BuildApp.xml by default) and is placed next to the application project file.
The log file stores the following information for each build:
- The name and full access path of the project file.
- The name and full access path of the database.
- The date and time of the build.
- A note indicating whether or not the build was successful.
- The length of each build (for example, stand-alone application) and the total length of the operation.
- The number of successful and failed builds.