Folders in 4th Dimension allow the developer to organize databases by functionality or customized criteria such as dates and languages. There are two rules to follow when renaming folders.
1. Folder names are limited to 31 characters. If 32 or more characters are used, 4D will accept only the first 31 characters.
2. Two folders cannot have the same name regardless of their hierarchy level.
You can rename a folder:
1. From Design mode, open Explorer.
2. Select the Home button.
3. Alt+Click (Windows) or Option+Click (Mac OS) on the folder name.
4. Make changes then click on the outside area.