When you write a 4D application, you may want to keep track of method comments and export them in a text file. 4D Insider allows you to create such a file.
To export several method comments at the same time, you need to:
1. Open the database with 4D Insider.
2. In the Main list, highlight the methods for which you want to export the comments.
3. Select Show Subset from the edit menu. Only the methods are then displayed in the Main list.
4. Select Export from the File menu.
5. In the Export dialog, check only the Documentation box. Selecting that box will guarantee only the comments will be exported.
6. Enter a name for the export file and click Save. This will create a text file at the specified location that will contain the methods' comments.