Tech Tip: Creating a picture button using the Picture Library
PRODUCT: 4D | VERSION: | PLATFORM: Mac & Win
Published On: June 16, 2000
The following procedures will guide you step by step on how to create a
picture button using a picture from the Picture Library.
- In the Design mode, open up the Picture Library and browse through the pictures for the one that you want.
- Memorize the picture ID number or write it down on a piece of paper for reference.
- Open Explorer and select Forms tab.
- Double click on the form that you want to edit.
- On the menu bar, select Form, Display and Tools Palette.
- Select the Button object from the Tools Palette and put it onto the output form.
- On the menu bar, select Form, Display and Property List. Another way that will display the Property List is to double click on the Button object.
- In the Property List window, set the object type to Picture Button.
- Set the source of picture to Picture Library.
- Set the Name/ID to the number that we have from step #2.
- Select one of the Standard Actions to activate the Button or create a method for the button by selecting Edit.