PLEASE NOTE: This Tech Tip applies to 4D Web 2.0 Pack version 1.0
Views in the 4D Ajax Framework (4DAF) can be created for related tables in order to consolidate fields from many related tables into one virtual table. To create a View for related tables follow these steps:
- Login to the 4DAF Client as Administrator.
- Click the Settings button and go to the Access Control tab.
- Select the one table, and then click the New View button. You will see
a pull-down menu of related tables.
- Select a table from the list and click Go to create the View.
- The View is now created at the bottom of the Portlet list.
- Select the View and you will now see fields from your related tables in
the Properties area.