Many times a developer uses 4th Dimension to create cross platform database applications. Sometimes they will need to move quick reports from one platform to the other. (ie: Macintosh to Windows or Windows to Macintosh) Here's how you accomplish this:
Moving from Macintosh to Windows:
- Save or rename the Quick Report with a file name ending in ".4QR"
- Copy this file to the Windows computer
- Open the Quick Report Editor and then open the saved Quick Report file you just copied
Moving from Windows to Macintosh:
- Save the Quick Report to a file. (4D should automatically add the ".4QR" file extension
- Copy this file to the Macintosh computer
- Change the file type and creator code of the file to:
File Type: 4DSE
Creator Code: 4D06
You could use a resource editor such as ResEdit to do this, or try the new 4D version 6 commands. Below you will find an example of code that can accomplish this for you. Please note that this code uses the 4D Pack command AP Select document.