In 4th Dimension 2004, you can quickly view the documentation for 4D commands using the context-sensitive help feature.
First verify that your documentation points to 4D’s website. To do this:
1) Go to Edit -> Preferences
2) Select “Design Mode” on the left, then “Documentation”
3) Select the “Web Site” radio button and make sure that it points to https://www.4D.com/docs/
4) Click “OK”
Alternatively you can install the documentation on the local machine, but pointing to the website will ensure that you have the latest documentation.
From now on you will be able to perform the following:
1) In the method editor, move your typing cursor onto a command. For example, if you have a line of code with the ABORT command, the cursor can be anywhere between the “A” and “T” of that word.
2) Press function key 1 (F1).
A new Web browser window will open containing detailed information about the command including parameters, description and examples.