4D version 6.5 has implemented contextual menus throughout the Design Environment. They are a quick and easy way to set many object properties and attributes. To invoke a contextual menu right mouse click (Windows) or control-mouse click (Mac OS™).
Right mouse click (Windows) or control-mouse click (Mac OS) on the form editor background.
Tools Palette - displays the new v6.5 tools palette.
Property List - displays the v6.5 property list.
Object Properties - displays the v6 style Object Properties dialog.
Page 0 - displays page 0, the master page.
Paper - toggles paper on and off.
Grid - toggles the grid on and off.
Rulers - toggles the ruler on and off.
Markers - displays the horizontal makers which define the boundaries of the form areas.
Marker Labels - displays the v6.5 marker labels which show the position of the different form areas (header, data, break, and footer) in pixels, centimeters or inches from the top of the page.
Limits - displays the boundaries of the form.
Right mouse click (Windows) or control-mouse click (Mac OS) on any form object. Some menu items may be enabled/disabled according to the type of object selected. For example if you have an automatic action object selected - such as a button - the automatic actions menu will be enabled.
- Object Properties
- Object Method
- Cut- enabled/disabled according to the state of objects selected and clipboard contents.
- Copy- enabled/disabled according to the state of objects selected and clipboard contents.
- Paste- enabled/disabled according to the state of objects selected and clipboard contents.
- Undo Redo
- Color - displays 4D's standard color palette to enable coloring the object.
Left - align the selected objects to the leftmost object.
Right- align the selected objects to the rightmost object.
Top- align the selected objects to the highest object.
Bottom- align the selected objects to the lowest object.
Dispatch Horizontally - distributes the selected objects horizontally.
Dispatch Vertically- distributes the selected objects horizontally.
Alignment - displays the v6.5 Alignment Wizard.
- Border Line Style - select the appropriate border style for the object.
- Automatic Size
- Automatic Action - if the object is an automatic object such as a button you can select the appropriate 4D automatic action for that object when clicked.
- Level - you can move the selected object[s] up and down in 4D's layer hierarchy.
Move to Front
Move to Back
Move Up One Level
Move Down One Level