4D v11 SQL requires the OpenLink Framework in order for SQL Passthrough to work properly.
Here are the steps to get ODBC working under Mac OS:
1. Downloaded the iODBC Driver Manager for OS X at:
2. Install it, following prompts, accepted the defaults as presented.
3. Install an ODBC driver for your target data source.
4. After everything is installed, open /Applications/Utilities./OpenLink ODBC Administrator and click on the 'ODBC Drivers' tab to verify that drivers are present.
5. Add a 'System DSN'.
6. Run the following code in a new method:
GET DATA SOURCE LIST(User Data Source ;sourceNames_at;drivers_at)
7. The code executes and a list of available Data Sources is returned.
Without the iODBC Framework installed you will get an error message that states: "The OpenLink Framework is not installed on your system."