Project forms are forms unrelated to any table.
You can use them to accomplish the following:
1. Create a form that does not require a table to be associated to it. No need to create a table for interface forms.
2. Since components in 4D v11 SQL cannot have tables associated with them, project forms allow you to create an interface for a component.
3. A project form combined with the DIALOG command is the preferred way to display records in list form.
Keep in mind the following when using project forms:
- They can only be displayed using the DIALOG command or an inherited form.
- They cannot be used in the label editor or the 4D import/export editor.
- They can only be used as input forms. They are not compatible with the 4D output form mechanism.
- They can contain the same type of objects as table forms, including fields.
- They can have a form method.