Tech Tip: Setting the access path file type so it opens automatically with 4D Client
PRODUCT: Client | VERSION: | PLATFORM: Win
Published On: September 1, 2000
Your current browser may not allow you to download the asset. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
On Windows, if you want to open 4D Client when you double-click any access path file you need to do the following:
- On your machine, select any window.
- Select Options from the View menu.
- In the Options dialog, click the File types tab control.
- From the Registered file type list, select Client Connection.
- Below the Actions area, click New.
- In the New action dialog, type open as the action and select 4D Client application as the "Application used to perform action".
- Click OK.
- In the Edit File Type dialog, click OK.
- In the Options dialog, click OK.
If you then double-click any Access path file to launch your 4d Client application with that file's settings.