Tech Tip: How to repair a structure or data file using 4D Server
PRODUCT: 4D Server | VERSION: 11.4 | PLATFORM: Mac & Win
Published On: May 21, 2009
Your current browser may not allow you to download the asset. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Is it possible to repair a structure or data file using only 4D Server? Or do you need 4D?
The answer is yes, you can do it using only 4D Server. You do not need 4D if you only have 4D Server. Follow these steps:
- Quit 4D Server if it's running.
- From the File Menu select Open...
- Click on your database.
- From the Open drop-down menu (Mac) or the Open button (Windows),
select Maintenance & Security Center.
- Click Open to open your structure.
- The Maintenance and Security Center will be available with all the options.
You can check and/or repair your Data and Structure.
You can find more information about the Maintenance and Security Center, in Chapter 25 of the 4D v11 SQL Design Reference. You can download it at: https://4d.com/support/documentation.html